Friday, January 16, 2009

Crazy new year so far...

The White House called last Thursday. We've been really busy helping them plan a Welcome Home event for soon-to-be Former President Bush. It's on Tuesday...so basically 1.5 weeks to plan and execute a huge event. I MIGHT get to meet him. It's very possible. (fingers crossed)

I also get to go to an AAF conference in San Antonio Jan. 22-24. That should be pretty cool. It's called mad Lab. Geoffrey is going with me, too. One of the events at the conference is at this art museum, and I think it looks pretty cool. Their web site impresses me, at least.

In other news, the box that I designed for the grand opening of our new building won an American Package Design Award! We found out on Monday, and I was completely surprised! A photo of the box (taken by Jason Hagerup, thank you!...if you click on his link, there's a photo of the box) will be featured in the March 09 of GD USA magazine.

I'm going to be working on a template site for TriWaco...the triathlon that Geoffrey and I are participating in...I'm excited for this experience considering my goal of learning web stuff this year!

Julie (little sis) is coming to visit this weekend! It's kind of a last minute plan. I'm not sure what we are going to do while she is here, but I'm sure it will be fun. (except for when I have to bike for 8 miles and run for 30 minutes...that part of the weekend will stink)

One last thing: and there will be more surrounding this idea...but if you could come up with a single typeface to represent one of the states in the great United States...what is the typeface and what state does it represent? Why? This could be an interesting experiment. I mean...something corporate or trendy comes to mind for New York and of course something western for Texas, right? I dunno...

1 comment:

Vasha said...

Congratulations on winning the award. The box looks so cool!!