Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dear old Longview High School...

My sister graduated from LHS on Friday night. It was weird. I mean, she's not old enough to go to college, right!? Well, she is. She's going to be an Aggie in the fall. Anyways...graduation was a typical sampling of the culture that makes up LHS. Air horns, screaming, leaving early, matching family t-shirts with the graduate's picture and name plastered across them, etc. The graduate who led the pledge to the Texas flag forgot the whole thing. Instead of trying again...he threw his hands up in the air and burst out laughing. The principal gave him a hug for this. Additionally, they decided to announce what each graduate's plans are after HS. Julie Ann Lockhart. Julie plans to attend Texas A&M University in the fall. She is graduating with 15 college hours. John Doe. John plans to go to college in the fall. Jane Doe. Jane plans to begin working in the fall. James Doe. James plans to attend a two-year college and then transfer to a four-year university in the fall. Jennifer Doe...period...What, she doesn't have plans for the fall?......Jason Doe. And on and on. Just a terrible idea for a graduation. They followed it all up with a freshman singing "I hope you dance." Congratulations Class of 2009! Thanks for entertaining me!

On Saturday, Geoffrey and I ran a 5K with my dad. Out of the three of us, I finished last. I finished second-to-last in the 20-29 year old division. I'm proud to say I finished. Wow...lots of tri training to go before July 26. I did get a new t-shirt. I ran in my "we do" t-shirt...

Geoffrey and I spent around $1000 on our cars yesterday. It was awesome. Complete new brake system for G and two new tires for me. I'm really starting to like the idea of selling our cars and getting a matching pair of these.

2 comments:

JHP said...

Don't you just despise spending oodles of money maintaining your car? Just think of what other fun things you could do with $1000....like buying 2000 Route 44 Diet Strawberry Limeades during Sonic's happy hour!

Makes me thirsty just thinking about it! ;)

melaina said...

we're dealing with cars right now too. it's not fun! The Vespas would be fun, except when it's raining or you have to be on a road with crazy Waco drivers who don't respect traffic laws at all!