Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Attention 2

Things that have my attention (second verse):

-Earth Day-- I wore green in honor of Earth Day today. And brown business shorts (I guess that's what you call them). Brown and Green...go Earth! In fact the Earth movie comes out today...I want to see it (but not today).

-Downtown Dark coffee blend at the Olive Branch...oh how I love the Olive Branch.

-Driving Kimberly's dad's Jimmy to Michigan! (Thank you, Kirby) Road trip! We plan to make a stop in Nashville...hopefully to see some long lost high school friends. I think the plan is to take a picture at all the state lines...and any other major tourist attractions.

-Green shopping bags. I'm never buying paper bags for gift sacks again. I've noticed recently that stores are starting to be more creative with their graphics on these bags. You can find them anywhere. They have cool ones at Books A Million right now. If only I can remember to take them to the grocery store. Maybe if the store stopped carrying plastic, I'd remember to bring them. It would be terrible to carry my groceries out in armloads!

-DSVC.org--how can AAF-Waco (ad club) be cool like this? The conversation begins...

-Feed sacks. Back in the 20s this is how you got your flour, sugar and feed for livestock. The people selling the feed caught wind that women were making clothing from these sacks. So they started making them with really cool fabrics. All of my favorite quilts (Geoffrey's grandmother has several of these) are made from feed sack materials. In the 50s, the people selling the feed decided to use paper sacks. BOO. Let's go back to bags of fabric...then we could make cool clothes and quilts with them! And not cut down more trees. Examples of feed sack fabric here. You can google image it to see more.

1 comment:

JHP said...

What has your attention this month? In other words, blog! :)