Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A matter of the heart

"Boring games on a road trip to Michigan: Ode to Michael Jackson"
by Jill Davis & Kimberly Bozeman

Now that all of the hype surrounding Michael Jackson seems to be calming down a little bit...I'd just like to say that I will miss him. I mean, not in the way that you know someone personally, but in knowing that someone who could create something like "Thriller," "Beat It," and others is no longer with us. I'm also grateful for the moonwalk. Period.

Preemptive Love Coalition
I'd like to couple my ode to Jackson today with the story of the Preemptive Love Coalition. My friend, Christin, is interning with this organization in Iraq. Basically (very basically), this organization helps to fund heart surgeries for children in Iraq. Many suffer from congenital heart failure that is a result of malnutrition. I'd like to encourage you to spend some time looking around the website and seeing what it's all about. Help heal the world...

p.s. I really like the PLC website...so if you don't want to look at the warm and fuzzy stuff, just look at how this organization gets it when it comes to communicating in a way that is relevant to culture.

No comments: