Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Burgers

MOTION and Marinara
Sunday Feb. 28, 2010

Geoffrey and I went to a fundraiser for the youth group at Highland on Sunday. They are going to Boston this summer to perform their "stomp" routine/bang on trash cans and plastic buckets. They are pretty talented and very entertaining. So, part of the evening was a delicious Italian meal and the other part was bidding on cakes. Fortunately, our friends Lynn and Norm invited us to this event--they had the money. I just got to help with the bidding. Norm ended up with a Easter basket shaped carrot cake, chocolate covered strawberries (that's cake, right?) and a cherry pie (also cake?). I was impressed with this Mickey D's hamburger (cake). Fairly certain those are sugar cookie fries. Anyways, kudos to the kid (or the kid's mom) who made this one. Well done. Okay, I'm done.

Also enjoyed these illustrations on some brochures at Starbucks.
Definitely showing these to my class.

2 comments:

melaina said...

That burger looks amazing! i seriously doubt that a youth did that though. Definitely a mom's handiwork.

JHP said...

Close one - I saw your post title and was afraid that you were going to boast of another Tap Room moment! Man, I need a mushroom Swiss fix! :)